The GeoBlue Navigator health plan meets the needs of International Students and Faculty by offering comprehensive worldwide benefits – inside and outside the U.S. – without the typical limits, eligibility conditions and benefits exclusions common among traditional plans.
As global lifestyles emerge, the demand for comprehensive international health insurance has grown rapidly. In response to this demand, a new generation of superior health plans is now available to serve expatriates and their families. This is a positive development for American expatriates who have historically had limited choice when it comes to coverage. Existing insurance options have often missed the mark because of limited benefits, long waiting periods, harsh exclusions, per-certification penalties, lack of portability and other hidden gotchas.
GeoBlue Navigator is the premier health plan for students and faculty because it combines these benefits with concierge-level medical assistance and easy access to an elite community of carefully selected hospitals outside the U.S. and a network of over 700,000 doctors and hospitals inside the U.S. through the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Network. GeoBlue Navigator gives international students and faculty peace of mind, knowing they always have the freedom to access top medical care and benefits no matter where their ministries take them.
GeoBlue Navigator Plan Highlights
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- Physician office visits including preventive care
- Hospitalization, surgery and diagnostic care
- Coinsurance: 20% in-network/40% out-of-network (waived outside the U.S.)
- Prescription drug coverage included
- Physical therapy, mental health and substance abuse
- Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains and AD&D
Top 10 Advantage over Competing Plans
- U.S. licensed and admitted coverage
- Cashless access to the best provider networks inside and outside the U.S.
- Choice of deductible options (waived for office visits)
- $30 office visit copay (reduced to $10 outside the U.S.
- Coinsurance waived for care outside the U.S.
- Pre-existing conditions exclusion waived with prior credible coverage
- No waiting period associated with preventive services
- No exclusion for specified conditions in the first 6 months
- No per-certification penalty imposed
- Sports and alcohol related injuries covered
- The strength of Blue. GeoBlue Navigator is offered in cooperation with certain local Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies
Emergency Evacuation and Centers of Excellence
GeoBlue coordinates emergency services with a worldwide network of contracted Physician Advisors as well as air ambulance operators selected for their safety records. Members in need of life-saving medical intervention are treated in Centers of Excellence in the U.S. and around the world, whenever possible.
Two Options to Apply
Applications are available Online via the “Get A Quote” link or you can download the application here. A personal check, money order or credit care number must accompany the application and must be sufficient to pay for one month of standard premium. GeoBlue will hold the form of payment until an underwriting decision is made. If your application is accepted, the payment will be applied to your account. Quotes obtained Online or by telephone are advisory only. Actual premium is determined by the medical underwriting department.
GeoBlue will review your medical history as provided on the application and may request Attending Physician’s Statement. GeoBlue publishes standard premium rates for non-smokers. Smokers and other applicants with certain medical histories may be offered a policy at a higher rate. Not all applicants will be accepted. Your effective date of insurance will be on the 1st or 15th day of the month following underwriting approval.
Mail Paper Applications to:
P O BOX 6374,
Jackson, WY 83002-6374
If you have questions about the GeoBlue Navigator plan for International Students and Faculty give us a call (619) 435-6700 or send us an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org“. We are here to help!