We are living in troubled times it seems. Conflict, health issues and economic disruption seems to be a global phenomenon. GeoBlue constantly monitors parts of the world for current events and from these events they develop a list of countries that they will not accept applications from. People that are planning to travel or live in any of the countries below will not be able to apply for new coverage under any of the Expatriate policies. Here is the current list:
Hot Zone Countries
- Iraq (Will consider with *DBA)
- Afganistan (Will consider with *DBA)
- North Korea
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Ivory Coast
- Libya (Will consider with ^DBA)
- Sierra Leon
* The Defense Act (DBA) is an extension of the federal workers compensation program that covers longshoreman and harbor workers. The DBA covers persons employed at United States defense bases overseas. The DBA is designed to provide medical treatment and compensation to employees of defense contractors injured in the scope and course of employment.
If you are planning a trip out-bound from the United States and you will be living abroad for at least 6 months or longer give us a call – we are here to help. Call us at (619) 435-6700 or send us an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.