Each year Insurance Companies struggle with remaining not only relevant but competitive. This year is no different and with the July 1st date coming up fast there are some changes that are happening to the GeoBlue Xplorer Premier plan, their Flagship plan for Expats. Effective July 1, 2016 GeoBlue will be increasing the rates for the next 12 month period. Although no one like to hear about a rate increase this one is actually pretty good. We are told that the average rates will increase 6% which is one of the lowest I can remember.
Now for the good news! GeoBlue is adding some enhancements to the GeoBlue Xplorer Premier Plan and here they are:
GeoBlue Xplorer Premier
- The Dental/Vision rider will now be available on the Elite AND 1000 plan options
- The Basic Prescription Drug Benefit included on this plan will be increased from $500 to $1,000
- The Basic Prescription Drug Benefit included on this plan will now offer coverage inside the U.S. up to $1,000
- The Physical/Occupational Therapy benefit will increase from $30/visit, 12 visits per year to a $50 limit per visit, 12 visits per year
- Contraceptive services, surgeries and supplies will no longer be excluded under the policy
- Member rates have a flat 6% rate increase across all deductibles and age bands
- Maternity rates have a 10% increase
- Optional Rx upgrade is also seeing an increase of 6%
If you are an outbound U.S. Citizen looking to live abroad than there is no better plan for the U.S. Expat living in another part of the world. If you have questions feel free to reach out to me at (307) 690-0427 or email your questions to “email@example.com”. Visit our website when you are ready to shop @ www.IndividualHealth.com.