GOOD NEWS for Cuban Bound Travelers!
For those Americans planning to travel to Cuba you will need to get your Travel Medical Insurance in place before you depart. GeoBlue now provides International Travel Medical coverage for those traveling to and from Cuba. The GeoBlue Voyager Choice plan is the best solutions for this need. Please remember if you have an existing qualifying U.S. Domestic health plan such as ACA Compliant coverage or Medicare the GeoBlue Voyager Choice will cover pre-existing conditions. Because of the low-level of health care in Cuba you can feel confident in the fact that the Voyage Choice and Essential plans provide substantial Emergency Medical Evacuation cover. The Voyager plans are available to those who are age 84 and younger and coverage for up to 180 consecutive days.
Voyager Choice Plan Highlights:
- Choice of varying medical limits and deductibles
- For trips up to 6 months for ages 84 or younger
- Covers per-existing conditions for medical services & medical evacuation
- Benefit Maximum Choices of $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
- Emergency Medical Evacuation up to $500,000 per insured
- Deductible options of $0, $100, $250, $500
- Inpatient and Outpatient covered at 100%
- Requires a primary health plan**
- For those with no Primary Insurance select the Voyager Essential Plan Option
**Primary Plan is a Group Health Benefit Plan, an individual health benefit plan or a governmental health plan designed to be the first payer of claims (such as Medicare) for an Insured Person prior to the responsibility of this Plan. Such plans must be coverage limits in excess of $50,000 per incident or per year to be considered a Primary Plan.
- Home Country is the U.S. and;
- You must be under age 85 and;
- Enrolled in a Primary Plan** and ;
- If you are not enrolled in a Primary Plan then you are eligible for the Voyager Essential plan. Pre-Ex will not be covered.
- For Children under age 6, must be enrolled with a parent and;
- Initial purchase must be made in home country prior to departing on trip from a GeoBlue eligible state
Emergency Medical Evacuation
World travelers need to properly protect themselves against financial exposure due to catastrophic medical events. If comprehensive travel medical benefits and assistance services are not secured before you travel, you could find yourself exposed to huge losses – both physical and financial. Though illness can strike at any time, when severe incidents occur overseas, lack of proper coverage can leave you the traveler with steep medical bills for less than sufficient care.
As a global traveler you need to be prepared for the possibility that you could find yourself in a location where the Medical Care is poor or inaccessible. In the event you find yourself in a situation where you need to be evacuated to an area where you can receive the appropriate level of care then you need to make sure your International coverage includes a comprehensive Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit. Medical evacuations are not a simple procedures and they can be extremely complicated and expensive. This must be available to you 24/7 no matter where in the world your travels take you. In addition you need a partner who is capable of organizing and caring out the evacuation no matter where you find yourself.
Considerations for any medical evacuation are:
- Evaluating the appropriateness of local health care providers
- Identifying the closest facility where a high level of care is available
- Determining the risk vs rewards of moving the patient
- Choosing the best method of transport (ie: ambulance, helicopter, fixed wing air ambulance)
- Securing the cooperation of the local treating physician, including a determination that the patient is stable enough to move
- Enlisting the most appropriate team to handle the transport (ie: doctor, nurses, therapist)
- Arranging for speedy and appropriate intake at the receiving facility
- Having someone on your side helping guide you through the whole process – that is GeoBlue…
Make sure when you travel, you travel with a full service, International travel health plan that provides a higher level of protection and peace of mind than standard evacuation memberships offer. If you are not sure about your current plan or one you are considering make sure you get a copy of your certificate of coverage and read it. Make sure you have a complete picture of what you are buying. Then Get The Brand and cover yourself with the Power of Blue. GeoBlue offers this type of comprehensive coverage and it is built into their Voyager Plans, Xplorer Premier, Xplorer Essential and Xplorer Select Medical plans for Expats.
Global On Your Mobile
Like GeoBlue, HTH Worldwide provides access to amazing tools and level of care via a Smart Phone application which you download to your phone prior to departure. The HTH mobile app called mPassport provides access to the best local doctors, hospitals and resources anywhere in the world. HTH’s mMobile App helps you make the most of your travels by providing you with the tools to manage existing and unanticipated health conditions in faraway places where finding a doctor and explaining your symptoms shooed not be left to chance. mPassport brings you specific information and expert assistance to prepare and protect you no matter your destination.
Features of mMobile
- Search Providers for medical, dental, or meta health care. Mapping via GPS technology
- Request an appointment with a trusted HTH Worldwide or GeoBlue Provider
- Arrange Direct Pay
- Access Guarantees of Payment
- File a Claim via your phone
- Find a medication
- Translate Medicare terms and phrase.
- Display an ID Card on a smart phone and send copy directly to provider GeoBlue Mobile travels with your 24/7
HOW TO ENROLL
Simply click on the blue “Get A Quote” button below to generate a rate. When you are ready complete the application online directly from the quote provided. ID Cards ad Acceptance letter will be emailed to you promptly after application submission. If you have question call (307) 690-0427 or email us at “email@example.com”.