Cigna Global International Health Insurance for Individuals, Families, & Groups continues to grow as a Global Society, traveling and living outside the borders of your home country is just about as common as vacation travel. Expatriate health insurance was designed to cover those who do exactly that – live and work abroad. It is no secret that the quality of health care varies dramatically around the world. When you move to a new country it may be exciting but the level of care in your new country may be lacking and not to the standards of your home country. In addition as foreign nationals you more than likely will not have access nor be entitled to any subsidized healthcare. It is important to consider an expatriate health plan that will provide for your health care needs should the need arise.
Today there are several companies to consider when it comes to finding the right International policy that will fit the needs of you and your family. Cigna Global offers a unique approach to International coverage in that they have created a modular approach to building the International Health Insurance coverage you need. Starting with the core insurance policy which provides protection for essential hospital stays and treatment and then tailor the rest of your plan by adding the essential components you feel are necessary.
The Cigna Individual International Health Plans…
The starting point to design your Cigna Global International Health plans is to choose from one of three distinct Core Plan Designs. Cigna Global offers three essential core plans – Silver, Gold and Platinum to choose from. The Cigna core policies provide coverage for inpatient, day case surgery and accommodation costs. In addition, essential cover for cancer and psychiatric care are provided for. Gold and Platinum policies also offer coverage for routine maternity
Cigna Makes Platinum Richer
Two of the Core Modules, the Core Cover or Inpatient module and the International Outpatient module which create the foundation that your medical plan is built upon. Up til now their flagship plan the Platinum Level had overall annual limitations of $3,000,000 maximum for Inpatient services. On the Outpatient module it was limited to no more the $78,000 USD per annual period. That all about to change. Beginning January 23rd, 2016 Cigna Global is increasing these amounts to UNLIMITED both on the Inpatient Core module and the International Outpatient module.
This is a huge gain for the International Expat living abroad who seeks the very best in International Medical Coverage. Many customers have expressed concerns about the limitations especially the Outpatient limitation of $78,000. Well no longer is this a concern. Cigna Global just stepped up to the plate and they are now running head to head plans like the Xplorer Premier with GeoBlue. Just these two enhancements are really something to talk about but there is more…
Cigna Global covers Extended Families
If you are a family that has extended family members living abroad Cigna Global now offers those High Net Worth families the ability to collectively select extended family members so that everyone is on a single policy type. There are many advantages such as simplified administration, discounts offered that can total up to 20%, peace of mind for family patriarch knowing those most important to them have proper global cover.
Out of Area Cover and Maternity Changes
In addition to the above enhancements to the Core Inpatient and International Outpatient modules Cigna Global is adding Emergency treatment in the USA for Worldwide Customers excluding USA Customers. For those USA Customers they still have the option to add Home Country cover for an additional premium. For Maternity coverage Cigna Global is moving routine pre- & post-natal outpatient care to the Outpatient module. Now 12 month waiting period across all maternity benefits.
Select Core Plan Coverage for Individuals & Families
Deductible options of $0, $375, $750, $1,500, $3,000, $7,500 & $10,000
Add Optional Modules
Deductible options of $0, $150, $500, $1,000, $1,500
International Medical Evacuation
International Health & Well-being
International Vision & Dental
Cigna’s Customer Promise
Cigna Global is no stranger to customer service. For more than 30 years Cigna has delivered exceptional customer service to their global customers. Cigna promises to deliver to each policyholder:
- Globally compliant healthcare plans
- Customer Services available 24 hours a day
- Quick and easy access to healthcare facilities and professionals around the globe via extensive networks
- Cigna will reimburse your treatment provider directly in most cases. In rare occasion where you are required to pay for services yourself Cigna aims to reimburse you within 5 working days
- Payment can be received in over 135 currencies
- Four integrated customer services centers around the world, available free phone around the clock with medical advice, assistance and administration support
- Access to Cigna Global Network of over 1 million quality providers
- Simplified claims process that enables you to access treatment without paying in many cases
- Access to country specific healthcare advice and your healthcare documents
How to Create Your Plan…
- Select your Core Level of International Medical Insurance
- Add as many optional benefits as you wish
- International Outpatient
- International Medical Evacuation
- International Health and Wellbeing
- International Vision and Dental
- Find your monthly rate
Emergency Medical Evacuation
World travelers need to properly protect themselves against financial exposure due to catastrophic medical events. If comprehensive travel medical benefits and assistance services are not secured before you travel, you could find yourself exposed to huge losses – both physical and financial. Though illness can strike at any time, when severe incidents occur overseas, lack of proper coverage can leave you the traveler with steep medical bills for less than sufficient care.
As a global traveler you need to be prepared for the possibility that you could find yourself in a location where the Medical Care is poor or inaccessible. In the event you find yourself in a situation where you need to be evacuated to an area where you can receive the appropriate level of care then you need to make sure your International coverage includes a comprehensive Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit. Medical evacuations are not a simple procedures and they can be extremely complicated and expensive. This must be available to you 24/7 no matter where in the world your travels take you. In addition you need a partner who is capable of organizing and caring out the evacuation no matter where you find yourself.
Considerations for any medical evacuation are:
- Evaluating the appropriateness of local health care providers
- Identifying the closest facility where a high level of care is available
- Determining the risk vs rewards of moving the patient
- Choosing the best method of transport (ie: ambulance, helicopter, fixed wing air ambulance)
- Securing the cooperation of the local treating physician, including a determination that the patient is stable enough to move
- Enlisting the most appropriate team to handle the transport (ie: doctor, nurses, therapist)
- Arranging for speedy and appropriate intake at the receiving facility
- Having someone on your side helping guide you through the whole process – that is Cigna Global…
Make sure when you travel, you travel with a full service, travel health plan that provides a higher level of protection and peace of mind than standard evacuation memberships offer. If you are not sure about your current plan or one you are considering make sure you get a copy of your certificate of coverage and read it. Make sure you have a complete picture of what you are buying. Then cover yourself with any one of the Cigna Global plans by simply adding the Medical Evacuation Benefit to your Core Modual.
Cigna Brings Customer Service to Your Mobile Device
Cigna Global is not only there to assist you 24/7 via the Internet and by phone communication they also offer you a new SmartPhone App that you can download to your phone giving you the ultimate traveling companion. SafeTravel was developed by leading travel security experts for Apple and Android devices. Cigna’s GOLD and PLATINUM customers will be able to access global travel advice, real-time alerts, news on breaking incidents, and an online document storage facility from anywhere in the world.
How to Apply for Coverage
Anyone who is an Expatriate from their home country is eligible to apply for coverage. All applications go through the Medical Underwriting process to determine eligibility based on your health status. Prices vary with age, citizenship, residence, product and benefit design. The link provided here for rates includes rates that are indicative only and your actual rate may vary. To get an more accurate quote call us with your information and we will send you a quote specific to your needs or Click Here for an online quote.
Singapore, United Kingdom & Hong Kong Nationals Welcome…
If your home country is Singapore, United Kingdom or Hong Kong and you are not an expat from your home country but you want to purchase Global Private Insurance you are in luck. Cigna Global can write citizens of these three countries even though they are not travelers. Take advantage of true Global Coverage and add a private International Health Insurance option to your country’s domestic insurance.
Complete The Application Process
When you have decided which plan options are the right ones and you are ready to apply for coverage you will need to complete the application and return it to us for completion. Please download and complete the Fillable PDF file below. When completed you may return it to us by either emailing the application to us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” or you may mail it to us at the address below:
P O Box 6374
Jackson, WY 83002-6374
Cigna Global International Health Insurance
for Employer Groups…
With Cigna Global Health Benefits, your globally mobile employees and their dependents have access to the health care benefits and services they need, virtually anywhere they are on assignment. Cigna Global’s customizable medical plans and health and well-being solutions can be tailored to meet the needs of your global workforce and the objectives of your business.
Cigna Global offers a range of flexible, cost-effective plan options – available to groups of two or more – that can provide enhanced peace of mind to your employees in the global marketplace. Choose from two short term plan designs that are easy to enroll in or the Cigna Global Advantage Group Expat plans.
Short Term Abroad
If your company has five or more employees on international assignment from three months to two years, consider the Cigna Global Short-Term Abroad plans. In addition to medical coverage, you can add options like dental, evacuation/repatriation and more.
Medical Benefits Abroad®
Medical Benefits Abroad covers international business travelers for unexpected illness or injuries that occur while travelling on approved business trips outside their country of residence or permanent assignment. This plan offers the simplicity of coverage without having to provide eligibility—and you can choose from four pre-priced designs, or tailor a plan to meet the specific needs of your employees.
Short-term coverage includes:
- Access to the world’s largest health network—with more than one million doctors and hospitals
- Coverage in more than 205 countries and jurisdictions
- 24/7 assistance from multilingual, culturally sensitive customer service representatives
- Multiple payment options
Benefits of our other plans include:
- 24/7 access to quality health care around the world
- Access to the world’s largest health network—with more than one million doctors and hospitals
- Plans without pre-existing medical condition limitations in some areas
- Flexible claims submission processes
- Clinical resources for outreach, coordination and intervention
- Access to CignaEnvoy® a secure customer website that offers a wealth of information and an array of self-service tools
Your employees working on global assignment have special needs. Cigna Global offers unique services to help them take care of issues that go far beyond health. For example, their Concierge and Travel Assistance Services provide:
- Advice on how to recover or replace lost documents like passports and credit cards
- Coordination of emergency travel arrangements for family members who escort another family member to the hospital
- Personal emergency telephone translation services
- Help finding doctors or hospitals close to your location
- Help finding or replacing prescription medication
- Coordination of emergency travel arrangements for children under the age of 18 who are left unattended if a family member becomes sick
- Help obtaining necessary documents for medical insurance claims
- Arrangement of an emergency medical evacuation
Group Expat Coverage
If you are a company of at least 50 employee with a minimum of 2 employees living permanently overseas on assignment for 6 month or longer, then consider the Global Health Advantage plan option. For those companies with U.S. exposure there are several plan designs to help you mangage your U.S. claims costs. Plans are product specific depending on what part of the world your home country is. There are even plans specific to the Oil and Gas Industry available in certain countries.